Co-operative Housing Ireland
Co-operative Housing Ireland is the national organisation representing, promoting and developing co-operative housing in Ireland. Since our foundation in 1973 we have provided over 5,000 homes through home-ownership, shared ownership and social rented co-operatives. With our membership of democratically controlled local co-operatives, we continue to manage 2,000 homes across Ireland as well as providing a network of childcare services in our communities.
As one of the leading national voices for co-operation in Ireland we collaborate with other co operative organisations to promote our model. We are members of the Community and Voluntary Pillar of Social Partnership and participate in numerous forums on housing and social policy. Internationally, we are members of Housing Europe and the International Co-operative Alliance, including its sector groups; Cooperatives Europe and Co-operative Housing International.
We are an Approved Housing Body and registered charity. We have signed the Voluntary Regulation Code for Approved Housing Bodies, the Governance Code and the Canadian 2020 Vision standard for governance in housing co-operatives. We also hold the Q Mark for quality management systems.
1. Role & Responsibilities
A need has been identified for the position of a Part Time Early Years Educator within the Childcare Division (15 hours per week funded by AIM). This role will report to the Childcare Services Manager and will provide quality early years’ experiences for children in our early years’ service in Co-operative Childcare Brookview Tallaght
The following is a summary of the key responsibilities:
- Working as a member of the child care team in the provision of a child centred programme for pre-school children, and in particular to work to ensure that all children regardless of ability can manage within the early years setting.
- Acting as a Key Worker for a number of children as directed by the Service Manager.
- Communicating with parents and other caregivers regarding children’s activities.
- Participating in the planning, implementation, documentation and review of the services programmes.
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are implemented in the carrying out of duties.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the service in collaboration with the Team.
- Participating in all training and workshops as arranged by the Childcare Service Manager.
- Attending all team meetings as arranged by Childcare Service Manager.
- Any other duties within the general requirements of the above that may be assigned by the Childcare Service Manager from time to time as appropriate to the position.
2. Eligibility/Personal requirements
Education, Experience & Knowledge
Essential – Minimum Fetac Level 5/6/7 in Childcare with practical experience (those having experience of working with children who have additional needs would be advantageous).
Working knowledge of Aistear and Síolta.
Personal Attributes – a commitment to creating a quality and inclusive environment for early years learning and to continuous professional development. Flexibility in approach to tasks and an appreciation of the importance of teamwork.
2. Conditions of Employment
The salary scale for this post is in accordance with the funding allocated by the DCYA under the AIM model.
Travel & Subsistence
Travel and subsistence will be paid at public sector rates.
Annual leave will be 22 days (pro rata), exclusive of public holidays and will be taken during the allocated ECCE contract breaks.
Duration of contract
The contract is for a period from week commencing Nov 2018 to 28th June 2019
Co-operative Housing Ireland offers a PRSA. Employees have access to the scheme on successful completion of their six-month probationary period.
Location of the position
The successful candidate will be located in Brookview Tallaght.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Close date for receipt of applications is Noon, Friday 26th October 2018. Faxed copies will not be accepted.
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on applications and CVs submitted. The short-listing selection criteria are based on the requirements of the job as outlined in this job description.
Co-operative Housing Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society
Please apply below.