Reporting to: Head of Development
- Support the Head of Development to achieve the strategic growth of the co-operative housing model in the region within the wider strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Assist in promoting co-operative housing to potential co-operative groups through advice and training.
- Overseeing construction project management, incorporating planning, costing and contracts, engaging appropriate technical and other supports as required
- Develop effective partnerships with developers and landowners and others who can potentially assist in the supply and development of co-operative housing.
- Develop partnerships with statutory and other organisations that potentially can assist in creating awareness of co-operative housing.
- Expand co-operative housing in the region through purchase or lease of land properties.
Liaise with Architects and technical teams.
- Liaise with Architects and technical teams.
- Work with the executive team in the development and implementation of best practice housing models.
- Seek to uphold and fulfil the co-operative values and principles in the conduct of the Society’s business with members and others.
- To support in the development of social service activities of benefit to members and their wider community, within the scope, resources and budget capacity of the Society.
- To engage only competent, reliable and properly registered service and trade contractors to serve the needs of the Society and to keep careful records of name, contacts and related details.
- Investigate and appraise innovative building materials and co-operative housing design
Planning and Reporting
- Work with the executive team to implement and design finance models to support further expansion of co-operative housing.
- To prepare regular project development and status reports and keep proper records related to the on-going development in the region
- To ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and other applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure the Associations policies and practices in relation to employment and Health and Safety are implemented.
- To support, supervise and ensure the adequate performance by staff of the duties assigned to them. Undertake regular reviews of staff performance.
- Establish with the Executive Team a multi-annual development work programme in line with the organisation’s Strategic Plan
- Support the organisation to improve the range of co-operative housing options and tenures including responses to life-cycle and changing housing need
- Undertake other duties which are commensurate with the role, in pursuit of the Strategic Plan as agreed with the Executive
Any other duties within the general requirements of the above that may be assigned by the Head of Development from time-to-time as appropriate to the position.
Eligibility/Personal requirements Education, Experience & Knowledge
- A relevant third level Degree preferable in Planning, Property, Construction or Residential Development
- Proven experience and knowledge in either Planning, Property, Construction or Residential development environment.
- Working knowledge of social/ private housing and construction finance options
- Proven Project Management experience from inception to completion on multiple construction or development projects
- Proven experience in project appraisals and pre-contract negotiations
- Proven excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Full clean driving license and access to own transport
- Relevant Professional Qualification or membership of a relevant professional body
- Experience in Financial Management or Budgeting
- Experience in delivering projects in complex local communities and stakeholder environments
- Experience in dealing with local authorities and other key statutory authorities and public consultation.
- Knowledge/ experience and understanding of the co-operative housing movement and advocacy in relation to housing and communities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible, co-operative, team structure
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, with a proven ability to get things done and work to deadlines
- Solution focused
Conditions of Employment
Competitive salary, commensurate with responsibility and previous experience.
Travel & Subsistence
Travel and subsistence will be paid at public sector rates.
Company Vehicle may be supplied.
Annual leave will be 22 days, exclusive of public holidays.
Duration of Contract
The contract is for a period of 3 years.
Co-operative Housing Ireland offers a PRSA. Employees have access to the scheme on successful completion of their six-month probationary period.
Location of the position
The successful candidate will be based in Dublin but will be required to cover Wicklow, Wexford, Louth and surrounding areas.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the role by emailing email@example.com.
If you are sending your application by post, please submit a copy of your cover letter along with a copy of your CV.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Friday 1st March 2019.
Faxed copies will not be accepted.
Please forward applications to:
Co-operative Housing Ireland
33 Lower Baggot Street
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on applications and CVs submitted. The short-listing selection criteria are based on the requirements of the job as outlined in this job description.
Co-operative Housing Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society